Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Generations

Hello again, friends...

This is a new still life painting I have just finished. I just love, love, LOVE going outside my comfort zone in my painting. It's a struggle to begin with, but I learn so much from doing this. This painting consists of the amber colored glass, which belonged to my mom's husband's mother. I found it in her closet one weekend while I was looking for something good to add to my setup. It's antique and beautiful. It has purples and greens and yellows. It's called carnival glass, I am told. So this was the "old" in my setup. The clear glass is a newer wine glass that I had at mom's. So this was the "young" in my setup. So I set the "old" and the "young" together with the roses and started sketching on my canvas with my paint brush. This is always difficult and a challenge. It contains the awful "E" word, (ellipses). This is the top of the glass that makes a circle and the bottom of the glass that makes a circle. It took me a minute, but I think I did ok. I think it turned out WONDERFUL!! I've included two shots of the beginning of this painting to show you my progress. This is 11x14 oil on stretched canvas and is available for $100 with FREE Shipping within the United States.
                                                       
                                                                     Generations
                                                         11x14 oil on stretched canvas
                                                                        SOLD

 

No comments: