Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

LSU Tiger Close UP

Hello Friends,

I haven't posted this painting on my blog before. I don't know why, since it was such a challenge for me and so much fun. I loved the reference photo for this painting because of the TEETH! I wanted to see if I could actually paint those teeth and get the value right. I always love painting the eyes of any animal I paint, but this guy with the mouth open, was a whole different ball game. When I first started on the tongue, I had the color all wrong! I adjusted my color some and I feel like I got it dead on! I am so tickled with the way it turned out! This is a small painting. It is 6X6 gallery wrapped canvas, so the painting goes around to the outside edge. That way it doesn't even need a frame. It's 2 inches deep, so it sits upright without being on a stand. It's acrylic.
                                                                       LSU Tiger Close Up
                                                                 6X6 Acrylic Gallery Wrap
                                                                             

No comments: