Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Business as Usual

ok, Since the other link isn't working, I had to repost this painting and the story that goes with it. This is a painting from last year and the thoughts I had while I was painting it.
Business as Usual

Hello again, everyone. I have not posted anything in a while. Between the new job and learning a whole new system, and getting acquainted with the Natchitoches Art Guild and Gallery, I have been pretty busy. This painting is one that I is inspired from my trip to Natchitoches.

When I got there, there was no electricity in the whole town. There was some kind of accident somewhere that had knocked out the power. All the shops and restaurants couldn't make sales or accept credit cards, except for one store. The Old General Mercantile store was an awesome store. They were ringing up people left and right because they used this huge antique cash register. It was so impressive, with all the buttons and the pull down total mechanism. I snapped a picture with my phone and viola! This is my impression. This is 11x14 oil on stretched canvas and is available for $80 with FREE shipping within the United States.

I hope you enjoy,
Nina
                                                                    Business as Usual
                                                                  11x14 Oil on Canvas
                                                                             $80




No comments: