Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Owl, Impressionistically Speaking"

Hello Friends,

This painting was another learning experience for me, where I stretched my painting style somewhat. The reference photo was of a person with this wonderful owl sitting on their arm. The eyes were the first thing that grabbed me about the photo. I always say, the eyes are the windows to the soul. I am always trying to learn something new with my painting. It chases the stress away and let's me escape. So, I took the owl off of the arm of the person holding him and put him in the forest, where he belongs. You all know how "close" I am to the forest. LOL Like, right out my door! Anyway...I wanted the eyes of this beautiful bird to be the focus of this painting. The rest of him, I wanted to experiment with the impressionistic style of painting. The background, I wanted to look like it was far, far away. I was streaming when I started this painting. He looked pretty rough, there for awhile. I even referred to him as a "chicken" a time or two. My wonderful friends who are also artists, and encourage me and support me ASSURED me, he did NOT look like a chicken! This painting is 8x10 on gessoed masonite and is available for $50 with FREE Shipping within the United States.

                                                    Owl, Impressionistically Speaking
                                                            8X10 Oil on masonite
                                                                         $50

No comments: