Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Emotions

Hello Friends,

Let me tell you about this painting that has just about put me over the edge! LOL I had purchased a tutorial DVD from Alan Kingwell on his technique of panoramic seascape. I watched and watched this DVD. I attempted to do a panoramic seascape over and over again. I always messed it up. So I had to put that away for awhile. I had painted a beach scene from a reference before with no problem. But I wanted the "SEA". I had in my head, what I wanted. I wanted a big wave, with lots of movement in the water. I wanted splash on the rocks. I wanted distant land masses. I wanted it out of my head and on a canvas. So I decided to get in front of my easel and play with color and paint. I decided not to use brushes, but to completely go outside my comfort zone and use only knives. Boy, howdy, that was a jump! I got the whole thing done and hated it! LOL The values were all wrong for me. One of my very close artist friends, Renate Dabney, sent me some acetate to help me see my values. It was amazing, when I looked at my painting thru the acetate, I could see exactly what needed to be done to get the idea I had in my head on canvas. I can't thank her enough! I am calling this one, "Emotions" because mine were in an uproar! LOL This is 20X24 Oil on stretched Canvas and is available for $100.
                                                                        Emotions
                                                                20x24 Oil on Canvas
                                                                         $100

No comments: