Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Green Tree Frog

Hello Friends,
This painting was my attempt to sketch with my brush freehand. I like to work on my drawing skills along with my painting skills. So to start with a blank canvas, or in this case gessoed masonite is always a challenge. I sketched the drawing with my brush using burnt sienna thinned with medium and went from there. I wanted to see if I could get the frog sitting correctly on the flowers as I saw in the reference photo and see if I could give the impression of him sorta coming at the viewer, like he's really interested in what you have to say. It's 8X10 Oil on gessoed masonite. I'm happy with it. I'm always trying to improve my skill. I hope you all enjoy. This guy is available for $30 with FREE SHIPPING within the United States!

                                                                  Green Tree Frog
                                                            8X10 Oil on masonite panel
                                                                          $30

                                                                         SOLD

No comments: