Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Flowers and Glass

Hello again,

Well, it's Thursday. I finally go to the Dr. tomorrow so he can release me to go back to work. It has been a long 3 weeks. I have done more painting than I have done in a while. I also have done more house cleaning than I care to admit! LOL I am ready to go back to work so I can get some rest!!

I have been wanting to try another still life painting, but I didn't have any pretty glassware. I so want to learn to paint glass and make it look like glass, ya know? My friend, Julie, who works in the office with me, has some of the most gorgeous china, and some of it is glass. So I begged her to loan me a couple of pieces of her set. She loaned me two different glasses and a cup and saucer. I went and bought some silk flowers so I could have some flowers to put in my setup. When I set it up, I thought it was so pretty, I had the cup and saucer included, but when I started to paint it...the cup and saucer was a little...complicated for me yet. I took it out of my set up and rearranged it.

Two artists that I follow are Barb Pask and Charlotte Evans. They have such beautiful still life paintings. I just love looking at their work. Thanks ladies for the inspiration.

This is my second attempt at a still life. I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed doing it.

                                                                       
                                                                   Flowers and Glass
                                                             8X10 Oil on Canvas panel
                                                                              $50

This piece was donated to the National Wild Turkery Federation.

1 comment:

Barbara Pask said...

You did a wonderful job on this Nina. The flowers are lovely and the glass reads just right. We'll get you hooked on still lifes yet, lol.