Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Something is Missing

Hello again,
I know the tail is missing, but, trust me. There is a method to my madness...Lol.
         Have you ever went to a birthday party as a kid? I mean, one of those cool birthday parties, where there's all that cake and lots of ice cream? The ones with a whole bunch of kids, all running around, playing all those fun games. Well, that's how this painting came about. Collins Natural Horsemanship has some Gorgeous horses. They also have birthday parties out there for all the kids. So, Dave and Anna needed a donkey for pin the tail on the donkey and I volunteered. I had this piece of luan in my studio, so I decided to paint the donkey on that. I sealed it really well, so all those little hands in the cake and ice cream wouldn't affect the donkey's nose or ears. LOL And now, the little kids have a donkey to put the tail on...pretty cool, don't you think? I do.

P.S. I also met the most beautiful Blue Bell I ever saw, but that's a story for another day. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Nina, I LOVE this! What a marvelous addition this will be for the parties, and a glorious example of art for the children! It actually has a 3D quality to it, and having the donkey turn to watch the children's activity is just perfect! What a wonderful game you've created here!