Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

En Plein Air in Tennessee

Hello Friends,

I just returned from the most wonderful trip to Tennessee. I met the "crème de la crème" of artists. These women have been my very close friends and mentors. The support and advice is non-stop. They will give it to ya straight, if you ask for it. That's the most anyone can ask. I spent a week together painting in the studio and en plein air.
This is one caught in the mirror, so the painting looks reversed. I learned so much, it's unbelievable!
Below is the finished painting. It's 11x14 oil on canvas panel. I call it, "Poppies and Tea".


One of those days was spent painting on location in a park en plein air. When we returned to the hotel, I asked one of these ladies to assist me with my painting. I needed to adjust the values and the advice I received was priceless. I will always look at these paintings and remember the friendship that evolved over the span of a very short time. The following is my painting on location. It's 11x14 oil on canvas panel. I call it "Plein Air Tennessee River"


We had another day in the studio with another still life set up. I had a long time artist watching my canvas as I made my brush strokes. The approval was awe inspiring. The following is the finished painting. It's 11x14 oil on canvas panel. I call this one, "Around and Together".


Here is where these paintings will inspire me on a daily basis. This is my desk at work. I can rest my eyes upon my work and remember the lessons and inspirations, while I'm buried under operative reports and drudgery. LOL







1 comment:

Barbara Pask said...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and felt you got something out of our little group meeting up. It was such a pleasure to actually meet you Nina, you're a sweetheart. I know with the drive you have you will just continue to grow and grow.