Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

June 17, 2012 "Magnolia Blossom"

Hello again, my friends, I hope everyone has had a wonderful Father's Day. Those men who give their time and love to children, either their own by blood, or the ones not of their blood, are a rare breed. I never knew my father, so my mother was the greatest father I never had. My husband died in 1991, so I made sure I was the greatest father my children never had, just like my mom taught me to be. If your father is still among the living,and a part of your life, make sure you appreciate him for his worth, won't you?

This weekend was my weekend to work in the gallery in Natchitoches, La. While I was there, I saw many father's bring their families into the gallery, to learn to appreciate art. I was very happy to see that some people are passing along their knowledge and respect for the arts, in this fast paced, hurry up and wait society we live in.

I had plenty of time to contemplate all these things, and work in a new medium to me, which was pastels. I did this pastel painting in the gallery over the weekend. I enjoyed the process of learning how to blend the colors and achieve the look I wanted in this magnolia blossom. This painting is 11X14 pastel in a wood frame. It is available for purchase, if you so desire. I hope you enjoy seeing my impression of "Magnolia Blossum" as much as I enjoyed doing it.

Thanks so much, Nina
Magnolia Blossum
$75

4 comments:

Debra Bryant said...

There is something very classy about magnolia blossoms. I always am charmed by their beauty and grace. You have painted this beautifully. I don't feel you had any difficulty with this new medium. Great job Nina!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Debra! That means so much coming from you!

M. M. Harman said...

I'm surprised you got anything done with me bugging you all afternoon!

Nina, it looks marvelous. You seem to have pick up a new medium with ease. You have hidden talents, or talents you just haven't discovered yet. That doesn't surprise me. You are just bursting with surprises.

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Awww...thanks Marilyn! You ladies are the greatest!! oh, and you can bug me anytime!!