Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Healing Ceilings tile, "Bayou Bass"

Woop! Woop! I finished my first ceiling tile for the  Cancer Treatment Center in North Carolina. These are ceiling tiles that will be installed in the chemo rooms for the patients to look up at while they receive their chemo treatments. Wouldn't you love looking at all kinds of art work instead of plain ceiling tiles? The "Art Heals" movement from the group, "Healing Ceilings", has artists donate their time and artistic talent to paint these ceiling tiles and I am so honored to be a part of this. I didn't paint flowers or birds, being from Louisiana. My idea was to give the patients who are fishermen a place to escape to. I know, being an avid fisherwoman myself, that I could imagine catching this bass in the lakes of Louisiana. Here's to hoping that my contribution will allow someone receiving chemo treatments to relax and enjoy viewing my art while they get well. God Bless!

No comments: